--

My Blog List

15.5.10

Brennan Popovic and Ari Oppenheimer

A possible material choice?

Since my work is slowing down to be a stop because I have no malleable traffic signs for Chair 3, I've decided to share some other excellent high school artists' work with you.

Sometimes, I see art that must be recognized. Talent that must be introduced to others. Today, I want to feature two friends of mine-- Brennan Popovic and Ari Oppenheimer. Both are sculptors whose work is precocious and refined.

Brennan's work uses organic forms, abstract imagery, layered clay, and vibrant glazes to produce visually complex and compelling sculptures. Here are three of his pieces (the image quality isn't top notch as I'm using an Iphone, but you should the idea for how impressive his work is).
I haven't seen much of Ari Oppenheimer's work, as he's a relatively new student in ceramics. Here's one of his pieces, which I fondled intently as I shifted it around in my hand. The smooth and round contours of the lower segment of the piece contrast nicely with the spiny protrusion that sprouts out of the top.


Hope you enjoyed!

D




2 comments:

  1. Neat! Missing your new posts. Really looking forward to the completion of the next chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a sort of alien pomegranate. i like it.

    ReplyDelete