--

My Blog List

4.5.10

Chair 3, Post 7

First, I want to say sorry for failing to post for the past week. I had my reasons, one of them being a three day trip to Princeton University for a symposium on race relations.

Today, I was back in the metal shop, working at full force. I cleaned welds on each side of the frame in preparation for welding together the two halves.

I learned the hard way today that grinding can be dangerous. I was using a very precise grinding tool that hooks up to compressed air and small pieces of the weld I grinded were sticking to my arm. It was a similar sensation to get a wood splinter, but they were much smaller and in much greater numbers. My arm developed a small rash from all the places the metal imbedded (lightly) into my skin. Here's a look:
I also learned that the Scotch-Brite pad (at right) evens out the surface of the metal around the weld with more precision than the sand paper (at left). Good to know for the future!

Finally, to update you on the Daniel-David collab, Daniel is working away at the sculpture portion. Here is his progress:

--David Joseph Goteiner

No comments:

Post a Comment