--

My Blog List

2.6.10

Chair 3, Post 9

I've graduated from my high school, but I still have unfinished business. I'm chugging up the big "Hill of 4 Chairs", saying "Yes I can" the whole way. Tomorrow and Friday are my last official days in the Lick-Wilmerding metal shops. Today, I developed the seat, back, and armrests for Chair 3. With four hours in the shop tomorrow, I hope to complete this chair. Here is a progress update:
These armrests are not only visually attractive, but structurally supportive for the backing and the armrests themselves. I will outfit the tops of the armrests with traffic signs and smooth all the surfaces to make sure they are safe and comfortable.

I also returned to the Crucible for another go at the TIG and grinding tests. I aced the TIG welding test, because I practiced all of today with Mr.Clifford. And even though I practiced assembling the angle grinder, I failed again on that today. I think it's because the grinder I was supplied by the Crucible was different from the one I practiced with. I'll have another go on Monday, and I better pass or I'll be disappointed in myself!

All the best,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment