--

My Blog List

8.6.10

Coffee Table, Finished

Today, I finished my last piece of furniture in the Lick-Wilmerding High School metal shop. It was definitely a bitter-sweet moment at the end of the day. I developed immensely over the past three years under the guidance of David Clifford, Gary Goddard and more recently, Youssou Falls. My designs and craftsmanship improved in strides--thanks to my interest in architecture-- fueled by my wonderful instructor Goranka. I'll certainly miss the Lick shops: the people, the tools, the friendly atmosphere.

But I have no real time to ponder these thoughts. Tomorrow, I move into the Crucible's metal shop and begin work for the next five weeks. In this vain, I sought out and found four large signs from various salvage yards. I now have sufficient traffic signs to build several coffee tables and a chair in the next week or so.

Now the real adventure begins!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment