--

My Blog List

16.3.10

Chair 2, Post 7


Today was pretty straightforward: I cleaned up the frame of its welds using a grinder and shined the surface lightly with ScotchBrite hand pads.

In other news, I now have enough signs to upholster at least these two chairs. I have this picture handy of the 8' by 4' Airport Sign. I got it cut in half to 4' by 4' so I can cut it more easily using the Step Shear and the Bansaw.
Right now I'm thinking of painting the frame of the second chair, mostly to disguise the welds and scratches at the surface of the metal. What do you think?

-DJG

1 comment:

  1. I would vote that you sand it down more and get the scratches out...the paint won't really fill the scratches or hide the welds in fact it may highlight them more...also paint doesn't age well unless you're using a paint with a hardener in it like car paint?

    ReplyDelete