--

My Blog List

26.3.10

D-D Collab 2

Today was a mighty fine day for metalworking. It was my last day in the shop until April (spring break), so I had extra incentive to get a bunch of work done. I worked on my end of the "collab (oration)" with Daniel so he could work on it next week.

I started out with this sign:
And ended with this piece:Now let me work you through the process.

First, I cut a piece of the "Playground" traffic sign. I then drilled a hole in the center of the sign.

I then used this Jigsaw:
To cut triangle-like shapes into the metal.
After a lot of hammering, struggling and sweating, I was able to bend up these triangle shapes.
I thought about how the piece would hang on the wall, and decided to add a backing. The backing was attached with rivets.
You can start following Daniel's progress on the piece next week at his blog: www.levsart.blogspot.com.

Have a great weekend!

DJ

2 comments:

  1. this looks fascinating -- next time try deer head (as in vestiges of car crash at sign)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting concept, thank you for the feedback.

    -David

    ReplyDelete