--

My Blog List

17.3.10

Chair 2, Post 7

To all those secret followers, make yourself known! Sign up to be a "follower" of my blog. My understanding is that once you "follow," you'll be updated as I post. Also, let your friends know about the blog! I want as many people to check it out as possible, and to leave feedback...


To business-the second frame is finished...!




Tomorrow, my mom is transporting the three signs I have to school. Then I will cut those signs up and rivet them onto the chairs.

In terms of my process for picking the signs, I try visually striking color combination and flexibility of the material to layout which signs go where. Some signs are more easily bent; these signs are thin and are painted with solid colors rather than reflective material. Reflective material cracks when bent, so I only use those types of signs with flat surfaces.

After completing the "upholstery" of the two chairs with signs, I'll take professional looking photos and send them, along with scans of my original design, to design blogs and other publications to attract attention to my project, this blog, and my work in general.

And then, of course, I will continue to trek towards my goal of four chairs.

Yours,

D

1 comment: