--

My Blog List

12.4.10

Chair 2 Upholstering (1) and Clay Anderson

Today I started to upholster Chair 2. I didn't too far, alas.I also took Chair 1 out of the metal shop and up to the Chemistry room, where I sat in it for the entirety of Genetics class. I wanted to test its comfort level. My verdict is that it's comfortable enough, and it definitely supports the body correctly. Tomorrow I'll try to pass on my chair for others to sit in, and so the ergonomics experiment will begin.



Today I'm featuring my fellow metalworker Clay Anderson, a very promising sophomore at Lick and an avid cyclist. His chair is fabricated completely with bike rims and reinforced with nuts and bolts.


To increase comfort, I believe he will be threading tires through the spokes and then inflating the tires for cushioning. Wish him luck, and leave him feedback if you want.
Until tomorrow--
D




No comments:

Post a Comment