--

My Blog List

21.4.10

Chair 3, Post 5

Oh man I'm feeling good about this project right now. I completely welded one side of the Chair 3 frame. It looks amazing-- definitely my favorite of the three chairs I've designed.
I'm not feeling great about the "viral marketing" campaign though. I contacted Fecal Face SF and Dezeen but neither responded to my story pitch. I don't blame them though, my story pitch was pretty weak. It's probably time that I draft an intriguing, well written email that I can send out to all the major design blogs. Basically, my strategy right now isn't working. I think this chair will boost my chances of getting published though, because of its modern and sophisticated aesthetic.

On another note, I am signed up for a 5 week work period at The Crucible in West Oakland this summer. Once I pass their entrance tests (hoping I will...!) then I get access to their equipment and facilities for a 5 week long period. What can I make in five weeks of straight metal fabrication? I think we know the answer to that one... =]]]

Cheers--

DJG


3 comments:

  1. I like the addition of the arm rests definitely makes the chair stronger...but i still think you're working too much with an extruded section. but i do really like this chair. the void created by the seat and the back is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. part of me does not like the space between the back of the seat and the leg. i could be wrong. it might look awesome once you have finished, hard to tell without the metal installed. regardless, this design is CRISP! congrats on the press david, really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see this?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/22/garden/22milan.html

    ReplyDelete