--

My Blog List

13.4.10

Chair 2 Upholstering (2) and Surveys (1)

I made a promise to post everyday, and I will keep it as best I can. Even if it takes away from much needed sleep!

I upholstered Chair 2 today. Everything was going smoothly until I sat in the chair when it was partially upholstered. The seat, which is not directly reinforced underneath with steel framing, began to cave in. I quickly jumped out of the seat, but not before a rivet POPPED off the chair.
That was easy to replace, but the weak seat needs reinforcement, so I will either weld on a supporting piece or devise some other method to solve that problem. I wouldn't want one of my chairs to break!

Today, I started to conduct the market research for Chair 1. I asked four Lick students- Tomas, Haden, Nick, and Jeremy- to sit in my chair for approximately an hour each. I created a survey, which I will share with you tomorrow. Although today's data isn't conclusive, I saw a trend-- that the chair could be improved on a comfort level, especially over prolonged periods of time.





No comments:

Post a Comment