--

My Blog List

10.4.10

Marketing 1

Yesterday, my first chair was posted on www.chairwhore.com, a blog that features only chair designs. Suffice to say I was pretty thrilled to see my chair on a blog I follow regularly. The experience of being published, whether online or in print, is extremely rewarding because the coverage recognizes the significance of the project.

I'm happy to create furniture with or without the fame or money, but it is always icing on the cake knowing other people are seeing your design. I just wish I could get some more feedback!

This wish to get more feedback is inspiring me to craft creative solutions.

One idea is a street critique, where I bring my chair to Downtown SF or Downtown Berkeley and get feedback about the chair's aesthetic appeal, its comfort level, and its marketability. The people I would meet in this exercise may also find themselves interested in following my blog-- increasing my readership and fan base.

What are your ideas to help me collect feedback (market research, really) about my first chair?

Off to write my English senior paper!

-D

1 comment:

  1. Great Idea!!!
    Come to Minneapolis for marketing.

    ReplyDelete