--

My Blog List

18.4.10

Chair 3, Post 3 and Piedmont Post Coverage



I'm veering off course, somewhat. Instead of starting on the original Chair 3, I'll using this new design:


The reasons are very logical-- I don't have enough of the rectangular tubing to complete the original Chair 3, so I created a new design that will require less material. It's also simpler! Lighter! More elegant!



I may be partially forsaking comfort for beauty though. The proportions of the chair are different-- lower to the ground and wider. I believe the aesthetic is more modern in appearance...

Here's a "miter joint." Taking some advice from John Mayer (not the singer...although John is a fan)
On another note, a Q&A session about my furniture was published in the last Piedmont Post newspaper. It is part of the coverage leading up to the PAINTS auction, an art auction that will raise money for Piedmont's art programs. I'll be donating a piece to the auction (perhaps the collab with Daniel).

Leave a comment!

Deej

2 comments:

  1. Yea for press! Can you somehow post the text? Is it online?

    I like this new design, it is the most minimalist as of yet. Looking forward to your process and progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for those miters you have to bevel the edges so that the mig can fill the void so that when you grind down the welds it stays together...you probably already know that but i'm just making sure. if the seats lower to the ground play it on more of an angle so that the person can sit back in it and not so much straight up and down...more of a lounge chair feel
    nice work!

    ReplyDelete