--

My Blog List

11.4.10

Gauging Comfort Level

From now on, I will try and post on the blog daily, even if I don't have any "progress report" on the project.

I've been thinking about how to gauge the comfort level of my first chair. More specifically, I want to know how differently-proportioned people feel in my chair. Is the backing well placed for someone who is 6 feet tall? Is the seat low enough for someone who's 5 feet tall?

To answer these comfort-related questions, I will need to devise some kind of testing system. My first thought is to take a sampling of my high school community. Say I assign the seat to one person each day. He/she carries the chair to each period and sits only in my chair. At the end of the day, I debrief the person with a survey.

I personally have no experience crunching numbers, but I could recruit an AP Statistics student to analyze a few weeks worth of survey data. The results would be submitted with my chair design to manufacturers. This approach could add another dimension to the presentation of my design.

Thoughts? I want to hear them!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment