--

My Blog List

5.2.10

Chair 1, Post 3

The streak ended. Today was not productive at all. I tried grinding away at a few welds to detach and re-weld one piece that was slightly off, but the welds were 1) too heavy 2) difficult to reach with the tools I was using.

The strongest word of advice I've gotten is to sleep on it. I could rip the piece to shreds and be scot free, but there's a level of responsibility in conserving the metal. My brain works in mysterious ways, and my dreams will be full of problem-solving, without my knowledge. I'll try again Monday and may have more success.

Have a good weekend!

D

1 comment:

  1. don't let an unproductive day deter you. keep up the work man, this is a project that shows incredible passion for and talent in design, and could certainly help spur your life on in that direction and give you connections in the design world. I really like your first chair and think that Marienela is right about the way the design suggests forward movement, yet is simple at the same time as it is made up of really only two intersecting lines on a single plane. Truly awesome work man, I'm excited for your next post. I think, though, on this chair especially, due to the streamlined design and suggestion of forward movement, the craft is especially important, so, though it may take more time, be conscious of the cleanliness of your weld because they will have a big impact on the way your chair will be perceieved.

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete