--

My Blog List

2.2.10

Starting Up

Here's the plan. During my last semester of senior year at Lick-Wilmerding High School, I will design and create four prototype chairs in my school's metal shops. These chairs will (hopefully) be simple, sophisticated, and ergonomically sound. After fabricating two of the chairs, I will begin contacting large and small designers, design firms, and manufacturers of furniture to improve and market my designs.

My goals are:

1) To continue developing my design capabilities
2) To test my knowledge of the metal shop, and challenge myself to learn new techniques
3) To explore the design world: make contacts, meet friends, and pick up "design" smarts
4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, to succeed in bringing a comfortable, well-designed chair to the MASSES. I hate seeing designer chairs for $4,000 dollars, which sometimes aren't even functional. These chairs will be for the people, not for a large profit or my ego.

Feel free to email me at djosephgoteiner@gmail.com with suggestions, contacts, or questions!

I'll be posting sporadically, so subscribe to the blog/RSS feed!

David Joseph-Goteiner



1 comment:

  1. wow. dj, you are an inspiration to my life! i look forward to seeing your design processes and accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete