--

My Blog List

26.2.10

TIG Welding in Cashmere and Theo

Today was a learning experience for me, which I always enjoy in the metal shop. I tried my hand at TIG welding and it's much more difficult that MIG welding (which I've done for the past three years) but it's much more precise. So precise that I wouldn't have to grind the welds, which would cut down the amount of time I spend on the chair AND the welds will (hopefully) look beautiful.
Here are some details of my attempts. I got some pretty good welds, a little big maybe. But compared to the spotty welds...Can't you tell the difference?




In the last five minutes of class, I realized that I hadn't featured anyone. My eyes scanned the room, for possible candidates, and there sat Theo Rosenthal. Typical of Theo, he was completely ignoring the no headphone rule in the shop, and I respected this fellow second-semester rebel in that moment. I approached him, "hey Theo, can I feature you..." He pulled off his large headphones and said, "Waaa?" I repeated myself and he consented.








Enjoy your weekend!

D

1 comment: