--

My Blog List

8.2.10

Chair 1, Post 4

I got the ball rolling again today. I fine tuned some of the welds.
This weld was ground down, and then sanded. The final touch will be to smooth out the scratches and clean the whole frame.


You'll be happy to know that the "problem" I thought I had on Friday is resolved. It was a "momentary freak out."

I already have some hard-learned lessons from this project that I will post here:

1) Avoid welding in corners. The welds are difficult, if not impossible, to remove completely.
2) Use the MIG welder for fine welds, because the TIG welds can't be cleaned up as well (I will try to use MIG welder for the next three chairs!)

I'd also like to shout out Maya, Jamie, Marianela, Gary, and John for sending me constructive feedback. I take your words of advice to heart, and am already thinking of ways to incorporate your ideas into my next pieces. Thank you.

Until tomorrow,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment